RBC Scholarships >
Scholarship Overview >
Students Leading Change Scholarship
RBC Students Leading Change Scholarship
Your Future, Your Community
As students across Canada continue to invest in their education, many are taking the time to invest in their communities as well. In recognition of the growing number of Canadian students showing a passion to lead and inspire positive change in their community, we have created the RBC Students Leading Change Scholarship.
This year we are offering a total of 15 RBC Students Leading Change Scholarships worth $10,000 each. There will be 5 scholarships awarded in each of the following 3 student categories: Graduating High School Students, Undergraduate Students, and Second Degree Students.
Me to We Trip
In each of the 3 student categories, 2 scholarship recipients will also be awarded a Me to We Trip. Every applicant will have the option to apply for the Me to We Trip as part of their award. This “living textbook” volunteer experience will give you an incredible opportunity to work alongside Me to We field workers on change initiatives in a Free the Children community overseas. Click here to find out more.
Exclusive to RBC Royal Bank student clients
Although eligible for all scholarships, 2 scholarships per student category (total of 6) will be reserved exclusively for RBC Royal Bank student clients. As long as you’re an RBC Royal Bank client from February 19, 2014 through to the winner announcement date, you can qualify.
Who Can Apply?
- Category 1 (Graduating High School or CEGEP): Currently enrolled in their graduating year of a Canadian High School or CEGEP who will be enrolled full-time in a degree or diploma program at a recognized publicly funded Canadian university or college in the fall 2014 academic term
- Category 2 (First Undergraduate Degree or Diploma): Currently enrolled in their first undergraduate degree or diploma program on a full-time basis in a recognized publicly funded Canadian university or college and planning to continue their full-time undergraduate studies in a recognized publicly funded Canadian university or college in fall 2014
- Category 3 (Second Degree or Diploma): Enrolled in their second degree or diploma program in the 2013/2014 academic term on a full-time basis in a publicly funded Canadian university or college and planning to continue their full-time studies in fall 2014 in a recognized publicly funded Canadian university or college, OR planning to enroll in their second degree or diploma program on a full-time studies in fall 2014 in a recognized publicly funded Canadian university or college
- All applicants must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents with a minimum 70% average in their last completed year of study
- Students with a disability who attend or are planning to attend post-secondary school on a part-time basis are also eligible. Please see terms and conditions for full details
Employees, directors, and officers of Royal Bank and its subsidiaries, or StudentAwards, and any child of any of the foregoing are not eligible for the Scholarships. For greater certainty, “child” shall be defined herein as a person whose parent or legal guardian is an employee, director or officer of Royal Bank or any of its subsidiaries. For information about the Scholarship Program for Children of RBC Employees, click here
When can I apply?
Applications are accepted starting on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. EST. All applications are to be submitted online.
What is the Deadline?
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. EST.
When are the winners announced?
Winners will be announced in the summer of 2014.